Thursday, August 30, 2012

On Travel, Religion, and God

For years I've been the first person to say "I'm not religious" it's been an entry point to many conversations. Travelling has actually intensified this. When you've broken bread at Hindu temples, been inside a Muslim country, and learned tantra from a buddhist your concept of spirituality definitely bends...however...in this space, I found God.

I've spent the past two weeks in more prayer than I've been in for a lifetime. From moments with complete strangers to intimate moments with my closest friends - God has spoken to me. When you come to a space when you can listen and not project, you hear but don't speak, you act without thought of anything but the voice of your soul...you are listening to your creator.

I still grapple with religion but I don't grapple with God. As humans we are incredibly too amazing to be of ourselves. I've spent a week with people who absolutely astound me. But the commonality was in God, a belief in a creator greater than ourselves. No matter the form, an understanding of this could be felt through the air. Man or woman, each person I had a moment with spoke of God and I get that this isn't by chance.

I share this because it is real to me, and I hope you are God-guided in all that you do.

Until next time.

Sasyrae

Ciao!

1 comment: